Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our Christmas Eve

I love so many things about Christmas, but one of my favorites is tradition.  This year we kept up some old traditions and started some new ones.  But most of all, we enjoyed a family afternoon and evening together.  And it was wonderful.

We went for a walk, did some baking and decorated cookies.  Really, EC just ate some icing and sprinkles, but for tradition sake, we can pretend that we all decorated cookies.





 
After clean up and a major bath, we had a yummy dinner and opened our Christmas Eve gift- pjs and a movie.  We watched the movie together and sang some of our favorite Christmas songs.  And it was time for EC to get in bed, so she'll be ready for Santa's goodies tomorrow morning. 

 
 
I am so thankful for this time of year.  It's so easy to get caught up in all the crazy tasks and "important" things that demand our time, but I love taking a moment to just "be" with my family.  Celebrating Christ's birth amongst some tragic times is a good reminder of what should be our focus.  I am beyond blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment